Tuesday, July 17, 2007

OH THE PLACES WE GO!!


SO THE STORY OF SYNJIN ALMOST DYING GOES LIKE THIS-

THE HIKE DOWN WAS VERY STEEP- PEOPLE THOUGHT WE WERE NUTS FOR DOING IT. THE BOYS DID GOOD AND THE SITES WERE FABULOUS!! WELL, ON THE WAY UP I WAS HANDING CHANCE TO DARYL ON TOP OF THE LADDER. SYNJIN WAS SITTING & STAYING PUT AGAINST THE MOUNTAIN OR SO WE THOUGHT... HIS CURIOUSITY GOT THE BEST OF HIM AND OUT OF THE CORNER OF MY EYE AS I JUST HANDED CHANCE OFF I SAW SYNJIN GRAB ONTO THAT RAIL THAT IS NEXT TO ME AND HOLD ON TO IT WITH BOTH HANDS WHILE SWINGING HIS BODY OUT!! IT WAS A DROP OFF!!! I JUST ABOUT HAD A HEART ATTACK. DARYL GRABBED HIM AND ALL WAS EVENTUALLY WELL. DARYL REMINDED ME THAT IN SYNJIN'S BABY BLESSING HE ASKED GOD TO PROTECT HIM WHEN WE COULDN'T. I GET CHILLS STILL WHEN I TELL THIS STORY AND THINK ABOUT WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED!!

8 comments:

Bob said...

Nice Pics. My favorite is with Synjin on the wagon that says "Please keep off wagon!"

Jeff said...

I'm glad I found your blog! I don't have a cool one yet but check out some pictures at www.griffethfamily.com

Bye!!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

That is a great slide show!! What a fun trip to so many wonderful national monuments! Do you realize that Garden of the Gods is like 1 1/2 hours from our house!!!!! Did you know we are back in Colorado? Next time you'll have to stop over and see us.
That was a miracle story about Synjin. I'm sure the Lord was hanging onto him! Thank heavens for tender mercies!!

xo to all,
Aunt Susan

Bob said...

Beautiflu pictures!--and the people in them aren't too bad lookin' either...
You sure saw a lot--good memories!
Love, The MNBradys

Bob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Nannie Family said...

WOW, what a trip. How long were you gone? SCCAAARY thing with your boy and we are glad Synjin is fine.

Cierra said...

Oh my goodness...give Synjin an extra long hug (for me) tonight...wow. But looks like your family is doing wonderful! (i think it was so cute that at our wedding reception, Synjin kept following me around and then he finally told me "You look beautiful." He's a ladies-man for sure.

Review Boy said...

Great Pictures!

The Wrights
wrightclan.net